How America's Universities indoctrinate Youth
Brainwashed: How Universities indoctrinate America's Youth, by Ben Shapiro [book]
- America's universities were once a place for the free and open discussion of ideas, bastions of
erudition and intellectual integrity. But those days are long over. Today's college classrooms are
frequently dungeons of the mind. The professors have all too often traded in their textbooks for
pornography and Communist Manifestos. The graduation march has become an assembly line of raving
leftists, mindlessly taken in by the university's propaganda.
- Brainwashed is an expose of the leftist agenda at work in today's colleges, revealed by firebrand Ben Shapiro, a recent UCLA graduate, syndicated columnist and one of today's most exciting new voices, who's been on the front lines of the battles for America's young minds. This books proves once and for all that so-called higher education continues to sink lower and lower into the depths of leftist madness as close-minded professors turn their students into socialists, atheists, race-baiters, and sex-crazed narcissists.
- "Leftists dominate the universities," warns Shapiro, "and they use their power to mold impressionable minds. From the administration to the student government, from the professorate to the student media, college cannot escape the clutches of rabid liberalism."
- For students, parents, or anyone interested in the cultivation of our children, this book is an education in itself – a harrowing lesson about the leftist assault on the nation's youth.
- "Sharp thinking, tight writing, crazy-but-true stories: Ben Shapiro sees campus brainwashing and raises a national protest. This is a good book to give both freshmen who need warning and voters/alumni who need to take action." – Dr. Marvin Olasky, University of Texas professor and editor-in-chief of World magazine.
- "Welcome to P.C. 101. In this trenchant insider's expose, Ben Shapiro bears witness to the modern American campus freak show. You'll get up close and personal with the Marxist loons, moral relativists, multicultural zealots, and America-haters who are corrupting young minds. Brainwashed reveals the ignominious lows to which higher education has sunk. Get deprogrammed: [Read] this book." – Michelle Malkin, nationally syndicated columnist and author of Invasion.
- "In Brainwashed, Shapiro tells the truth – that universities are forums of left-liberal indoctrination, where dissent is discouraged and penalized, with more restrictions on free speech than any other part of American society. Parents who are paying for tuition might want to take note, and see what their hard-earned money is paying for." – Michael Barone, U.S. News & World Report and co-author of The Almanac of American Politics.
- "Ben Shapiro's writing is smart, informative, and incisive. He is wise beyond his years without losing the refreshing fearlessness of youth." – Ann Coulter, best-selling author of High Crimes and Misdemeanors, Slander, and Treason.
About the Author
- Ben Shapiro is a nationally syndicated columnist with Creators Syndicate and, at just twenty years old, is currently the youngest syndicated columnist in the United States. His columns are featured every week in news outlets across the country, including TownHall.com, WorldNetDaily.com, the Conservative Chronicle, Riverside Press-Enterprise, and FrontPageMag.com. They have also appeared in the Orlando Sentinel, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, Jewish World Review, and Focus in Magazine. A recent graduate from UCLA, Shapiro was a controversial campus figure, having written for the Daily Bruin for a year and half before being fired for his conservative views. His columns were the most popular opinion pieces appearing in the Daily Bruin, and his writings have garnered the attention and respect of such notables as Ann Coulter, Larry Elder, and David Limbaugh.