If you are wondering...
by "Smurfy", an 8th grader
- Hello to whoever is reading! If you’re wondering if I’m crazy, the answer is “Yes”!
I’m crazy from an emotional high with my homey--the Christian God.
I just want you to know that people like me are praying for you, and if you haven’t already,
you should try having God come into your life. Doing so totally alters you inside (and maybe out)
in such an amazing way. Even though it may be extremely tough, like if you’re around anti's or something, hanging out with the trinity - a.k.a. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit - is SO worth it in the long run, most definitely in the very end.
- So anyways, just know that “God is always ALWAYS there 4 you, ready to listen” & “You Are Loved!”
No matter what you choose to believe, these are true. God really does love you 24/7
(even when you’ve disobeyed him, he loves you, and is ready for you to come to him, fess up, &
then forgive you of whatever it was that happened).
He listens 100% to anyone and everyone that’ll talk to him. But often, he waits to respond. That’s when people will usually stop trying to have a connection with God. They probably assume either (a)“There is no God, I haven’t gotten any signs from him, he must not exist.” Or (b)”Since I cant seem to get a spiritual bond with God he must not care about me all that much.” The fact is both of these are false. There is a God. There is plenty of evidence everywhere that shows he exists; and he does care about each and every person on this planet.
- A few years back, I had a case of letter (b), I felt like my world was crumbling away, that I was a
reject that no one cared for. I was in 4th grade when I went through a period of hard times, as a new
Christian, I didn’t have any strong faith in God yet. I felt completely alone, depressed, and confused.
During this period I was angry, I knew God was there. But I’d scream out to him
“Where are you?!!, Where!??!” I would be mad at God for giving me such a rotten life ~even though I now realize that it was about a zillion times better than most other kids’ lives my age. I was so messed up; I thought many times, “Maybe I should just kill myself. I would get the pain over with, and get to live in peace in heaven.” The problem was I was too busy- wishing for this to go away, wishing this could happen, or that that didn’t happen, etc…etc…
- Where I went wrong was how I didn’t ask God for his comfort and love and all that stuff I needed at the time. I would pray/cry myself to sleep, just saying stuff like “ God I still don’t have any real friends, please God give me friends, help me to get good grades at the new school,” and whatever. After waiting a short while, I had felt that he wasn’t answering, and I just felt like he would never answer. I turned into this total craze of depression. One cool thing, though, was my cast was taken off my finally-healed arm on Halloween afternoon. But after that it went downhill again. My mom had a liver surgery, so my grandma came down and shared the 2-bedroom apartment with my family of “4”, but my brother had to leave so my grandma could use his bed.
He was gone a whole week, and the adults were all fretting over my mom, and I was left out, unable to talk to anyone about anything. The adult topics they shared were just uninteresting and confusing to me. I didn’t really understand much about the surgery my mom was having, except that it was dangerous and that the doctors had to cut open her stomach to get “something that wasn’t supposed to have grown in there out.”
- Like a week after her surgery, my mom was still aching from the process. It was Thanksgiving. We had to buy turkey and mashed potatoes and all that stuff and sit around the little table with just our family. It was the saddest Thanksgiving ever! Two days later, we were basically done with moving into our REAL house. But two days after that, we realized that our dog, couldn’t even bring her head down to drink water. It was my first day of school living in my new home, and we had to put her to sleep. After that, the days droned on; I filled my new room with my old stuff. Finally Christmas came. I got a puppy!
- Since then my life’s gone upUpUp… I think God let me go through depression because, well,
if I hadn’t, my life would be perfect. And everybody needs some sort of hard time in their lives,
‘cuz that’s one of the things that makes us human. Now it is 4 and a half years later, and I know
that God will use whatever whenever for whomever wherever. Even if something seems completely useless
or like a complete annoyance, he can still use it for his will. In the true story The Hiding Place, he used fleas to help spread his awesome love! In our lives, our troubles seem like those fleas-they seem horribly gross & annoying, but afterwards we see how they’ve bridged us to new opportunities and knowledge, and we grow as humans.
- One last thing: Prayer is the key to the keyhole of communication with God. If you don’t talk
consistently with him, you don’t have a strong relationship. It’s the same as if you don’t really talk
to some old friends, and then you’re not close to them. If you believe in God but don’t necessarily
communicate with him, you may be standing at his doorway staring through the keyhole of an unimaginable
vastness of beauty----doubting whether or not you should have communication with this loving father.
He has offered and will always continue to offer the key to his house (to life). You just need to accept
it (believe Jesus died on the cross to pay the price for your sins and rose again, ask him to forgive you of the wrong you've done and for him to enter your life)-this is how you receive the gift of immortality- life forever and ever and ever after death…eternal life.
- The choice is yours.